[TxMt] feature request: status or progress indicator for 'find in project'

Steve King sking at arbor.net
Thu Apr 24 19:19:19 UTC 2008

Till Backhaus wrote:
> the title already says it all: What i'd love to have is a status
> indicator ('searching...') or a progress indictator ( 'x% of project
> files searched') in the 'find in project'-window. I use it often on a
> project of some thousand files on a network volume. Searching the
> project always takes a few seconds (i'm cool with that) and i always
> wonder whether textmate is already working or not because it doesn't
> provide _any_ immediate feedback.

There is already *some* feedback, but it's very subtle.  On my system
(Intel, Tiger) the 'Find' button in the Find In Project dialog pulses
slightly when the find is idle, and does not pulse when it's busy.  I've
found myself relying on that quite a bit to know that the find operation
has completed (especially when nothing was found).

Something a little more overt would be appreciated, though!

--
Steve King
Sr. Software Engineer