[TxMt] Open Terminal

Chris Patti cpatti at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 20:40:25 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-2 at macromates.com>
wrote:

> On 17 Apr 2008, at 02:52, Mark Eli Kalderon wrote:
>
>  Is there a way to modify the Open Terminal command so that it uses tabs
> > with Terminal.app? I have been trying to do this but my applescript-fu is
> > weak. :/
> >

> I see there is plenty of support for this in the scripting dictionary, but
> I also don't get AppleScript.
>
> I tried first:
>
>    tell app "Terminal" to return tabs of first window
>
> This worked fine, so then I tried:
>
>    tell app "Terminal" to make new tab in first window
>
> That gave me:
>
>    Terminal got an error: Can't make or move that element into that
> container. (-10024)
>
> And then I gave up :)

I have honestly always been very surprised by the inconsistent scripting
support among Apple apps.

That said, this works beautifully in iTerm:
---
tell application "iTerm"
    activate
    tell the first terminal
        launch session "Default Session"
    end tell
end tell

-Chris
--
Chris Patti --- Y!: feoh -- AIM: chrisfeohpatti --- E-Mail: cpatti at gmail.com
"FORTRAN is just really good if you're really, REALLY twisted. Because the