[TxMt] Gem that works in Terminal and doesn't work in TextMate

Daniel Stockman daniel.stockman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 05:04:45 UTC 2008

> My ruby version is: ruby 1.8.6 (2007-09-24 patchlevel 111) [i686-
> darwin9.2.0]
> The gem is installed at `/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rb-
> appscript-0.5.1`

As Allan pointed out, you do appear to have a custom Ruby (the stock
platform string is [universal-darwin9.0], not [i686-darwin9.2.0]).
Same compile date and patchlevel, so it's easy to mistake.

Just a shot in the dark, but perhaps you followed Dan Benjamin's
(hivelogic) guide? That would certainly explain the /usr/local/lib path.

I just tested installing rb-appscript with stock ruby and gems; `gem
which appscript` yields:

/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rb-appscript-0.5.1/lib/appscript.rb

Alternately, is it possible you have a leftover $GEM_HOME environment
variable from a previous custom installation of ruby and/or gems?

HTH,
Daniel