[TxMt] DIALOG2 popup Question

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Thu Apr 17 12:17:05 UTC 2008

On 17 Apr 2008, at 13:00, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:
> In addition what purpose has the option "wait"?

"For me it would be more logical" if --wait behaves like this:

- any alphanumerical NSEvent will NOT be sent to TM

- in TMDIncrementalPopUpMenu.mm > method: completeAndInsertSnippet
   NOT: if([aString length] > [temp length]) { insertText... }
   BUT: if([aString length] > [temp length] && !wait) { insertText... }

- if the selected item has the key "insert"
       insert the content of "insert"
   else
       if there is a shell-cmd
          do shell-cmd and insert the result
       else
          only write the result as plist to stdout
       end if
   end if

But still, there's the issue that I do not see what I'm typing. Maybe
one could add the current mutablePrefix as first item in the list
shadowed and not selectable(?)

Or am I wrong?

--Hans