[TxMt] HTML - Completion problem using ESC (TM's internal text completion)

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Tue Apr 15 08:11:46 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have the following HTML code [ | indicates the caret]:

<li>1. Einlesen des Textes</li>
<dd>
	<b>Das Einl|</b>
</dd>

If I press ESC to complete "Einl" to "Einlesen" TM beeps. I believe TM
has a problem internally with the following "<foo>". If I have a space
or a bracket after the "l" like "<b>Das Einl| </b>" the completion
works fine.

Even if I have "Einl|foo" OR "Einl|<>" OR "Einl|</>" and I press ESC
TM  tries to complete "Einl" correctly.
TM has ONLY a problem if between < and > occurs one or more characters
AND if the grammar is set to HTML (in Plain Text it works!).

Is this a bug? Is that behaviour configurable/changeable?

TM 1.5.7 (1464) on Mac OSX 10.5.2 (ppc)

Thanks,

--Hans