[TxMt] external Editor

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Mon Apr 14 07:08:04 UTC 2008

On 14 Apr 2008, at 07:55, Jerad wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Kevin Ridgway <kridgway at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> I believe you can right click on the item when it's in the project
> drawer, and choose "Open With..." and it should have CSSedit as a
> choice for CSS files.  If you're editing the file outside TM, it
> should refresh within TM, when you switch back I believe.
>
> I could not get this to work.  I'd love to have that option though
> if anyone else can sort it out.

Step 1.

close textmate.

step 2

Open finder, browse for a CSS file, ctrl click and get info - set the
open with option to CSS Edit and apply to all files of type CSS

step 3

Open Textmate.

rightclicking the CSS item in the project pane will now offer the
option to open with CSS Edit.

of course, henceforth all css files will by default be opened in CSS
Edit, but that may be  a non-issue.

in order for TM to refresh the file view (if you have it opened in
another editor as well as TextMate, you will need to save the file in
the other editor

hth

;)