[TxMt] Re: PHP and debugging, what is your strategy?

Clark Endrizzi cendrizzi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 22:19:46 UTC 2008

Yeah, I've done stuff like that in that past.  I've also made a page that
contains all session data, while allowing you to edit and add session
properties.  Still, however, it's a bit weak when you compare it to a full
fledged debugger where you can see all variables and stuff.

I wish there was some kind of firefox extension that allowed you to step
through code or somethig.  You can't edit the php, but you can get the debug
info you want.  Maybe it would work...

Anyone else have some good things they've done?

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 2:53 PM, Christoph Koehler <
christoph.koehler at gmail.com> wrote:

> In article
> <a434fe6b0804110800q6a834d63t765afacf1645aaf8 at mail.gmail.com>
> "ClarkEndrizzi" <cendrizzi at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >  Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> The application I develop for (TYPO3) has a built-in development log I
> can write to, so I simply write to it from within my extension while
> tail -f and grep gets me real time output in the terminal while I run
> it. Probably not quite what you were looking for, but it's made stuff
> very easy for me because I can add text and descriptions to the
> variable and see it, so I somewhat know the order things are executed
> in and what the variable values mean, without having to step through a
> debugger.
>
> Christoph
>

> --
>
> I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 305 days.
> You should really try it!
> http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo

Clark Endrizzi