[TxMt] Html Syntax__ show errors

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Sun Apr 6 20:59:42 UTC 2008

On Apr 6, 2008, at 5:20 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Sorry for my bad english, I hope that you understand the
> question ... :)
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to show "html syntax error"
> with colors.

The issue with making any kind of real syntax checking part of the
grammar is the number of different html versions there are, all with
their own rules. It quickly becomes a nightmare to maintain them all.

As for you example above, that it only actually illegal in XHTML, it's
perfectly legal in all forms of html. I'll admit it's perhaps not the
favored form, but it is legal. It may be possible to do some simple
tag matching though in XHTML mode since all tags must close it makes
it a lot easier to do.