[TxMt] TMTOOLS plugin

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Mon Sep 24 18:53:56 UTC 2007

On 24.09.2007, at 20:21, Thomas Aylott wrote:

> On Sep 24, 2007, at 1:14 PM, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:
>> On 24.09.2007, at 17:05, Thomas Aylott wrote:
>>> Am I right in assuming that you'd be able to run that command
>>> periodically to get all this stuff out of textmate through the
>>> plugin without interrupting your workflow?
>> Yes.
>>> What I've always wanted to be able to do is have an HTML Output
>>> window open and have it constantly update with all the TM_
>>> variables. There's lots of stuff that you could use that for.
>> This is no problem.
>> Do you mean something like this:
>> http://email.eva.mpg.de/~bibiko/dt/TMvars_lifeupdate.mov  (ca. 812k)
>>> Where is the code for this or is it all just theory at this point?
>> On my Mac yet ;) Each mentioned command works. The 'only' thing to
>> do is to CLEAN UP the code, make the syntax consistent, add some
>> error and exception handlings.
>>
> Oh yeah, that's awesome!
> Imagine the possibilities!
;P

> Might it make sense to incorporate some of this stuff in the new
> Dialog 2?
> Ideally I'd like to make stuff with this that other people can use
> and expect them to have this stuff available by default.

Well, I do believe the new DIALOG is the wrong place. DIALOG is a
plug-in for showing interactive dialogs to users. The TMTOOLS stuff
belong to an other story.

The new DIALOG will come out with an API using an other syntax. I
think it would be the best to wait for DIALOG's final syntax. After
that we can incorporate this syntax to TMTOOLS, and maybe it will
become a default plug-in.
If there's a real interest of such a TMTOOLS plug-in I will clean the
code. Then we can put this plug-in to a new svn branch and improve it
together. Furthermore we have to wait for Allan's opinion on that
whether it makes sense because the entire code depends FULLY on
Allan's code!

--Hans