[TxMt] Latex Bundle: refreshing external viewers

Brad Miller bmiller at luther.edu
Sat Sep 8 20:43:22 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I love using Skim for viewing the pdf files produced by LaTeX.  But I don't
like its auto-refresh behavior.  It seems buggy, (crashes on auto-reload too
often) and I hate having to click Auto every time Skim restarts.

So, I added some applescript goo to the Typeset & View command to tell
Skim/TeXShop/TeXniscope to reload.

This means you could uncheck the box in Skim, et. al. that tells them to
check for file updates and rely on TextMate to tell them when to reload.
According to the TeX mailing list using applescript is also more resource
efficient than having the viewer watch for file changes.

Would others also prefer to have this part of the bundle?

Brad

--
Brad Miller
Assistant Professor, Computer Science