[TxMt] can't get pdfsync to work both ways

Phil Schumm pschumm at uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 31 21:43:37 UTC 2007

Hi, I'm a brand new TextMate user (as of yesterday), and have enjoyed
very much my experience so far.  I do a lot of writing in LaTeX, and
have been very impressed with the design of the LaTeX-related
features.  Virtually everything has worked as advertised, and I'm
busy integrating those new features I haven't had in the past into
both my memory and my workflow.

One question: The command "Typeset & View (PDF)" works fine, as does
syncing from my viewer (Skim) back to TextMate.  However, I currently
am unable to go the other way.  When  I try "Show in PDF Viewer
(pdfsync)", nothing happens; if I change the output setting for the
command (in the bundle editor) to "Show as HTML", then executing the
command via the menu gives the following message:

Running sync on sensory-function.tex
pdfsync.sty must be included to use this command

I've looked through the list archives, but don't see any mention of
this symptom.  I don't mind getting my hands dirty (and do have some
skill in Python, so I've started looking at texMate.py), but was
hoping someone could point me in the right direction to finish
diagnosing and/or fixing this particular issue.

(TeX Live 2007 distribution, Skim and TextMate both up-to-date)

Thanks very much,

-- Phil