[TxMt] mate command and screen in Leopard

David Reuss david at upsys.dk
Tue Oct 30 09:53:11 UTC 2007

On 30/10/2007, at 10.40, Horst Gutmann wrote:

> Out of curiousity: In what situations would you use this screen+mate
> combination?

Well, actually i hoped i could get rid of it with Leopards tabs, but i
can't find a way to set the title of them, so it's quite hard to
distinguish between sessions.. Makes it extremely less useful.

Screen gives me "tabs", in my terminal, and i can label them as i
want, and some other nice stuff.

I'm very often logged on at several different remote machines, and i
had this: (http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/RemoteEdit/) running on
all of my machines, so i could just "mate <filename>", in all of my
"tabs", no matter what machine is was currently "working on" ..

But it doesn't seem Apple Events are playing nice on Leopard, as i get
some errors in console, trying to set it up again. Hoping for a fix
real soon, because it was incredibly easy to use TextMate no matter
what remote box i was logged in to.

- David