[TxMt] Slow Xcode builds?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Mon Oct 29 21:43:24 UTC 2007

On 27 Oct 2007, at 18:38, Gerd Knops wrote:

> Since upgrading to Leopard Xcode builds (using xcodebuild tool from
> the functions in the Xcode bundle) seems a lot slower, specifically
> it seems the "Checking Dependencies" phase is responsible for that.
>
> Anybody else seing this? Anyone have a workaround?

I am also seeing that, and it sucks. I have one project that is an
umbrella for 14 or so (sub)projects, and I think it takes >1 minute to
check dependencies, even re-running the build (on a Mac Pro with
plenty of memory) does not make it faster.

Afraid the only solution for now is file performance bugs for
xcodebuild at http://bugreport.apple.com/