[TxMt] Leopard Spaces

Rob McBroom textmate at skurfer.com
Sat Oct 27 15:11:39 UTC 2007

On 2007-Oct-27, at 10:02 AM, Steve Lianoglou wrote:

> It seems as if a given application will always be "tied" to the
> space that it is originally assigned to, or initially opened in.

I think it's windows that are tied to a space and not applications. I
did some testing and didn't see the behavior you described the *first*
time a find dialog or a new message was opened in space 2, but if I
then moved a window to space 1 or 3 and hit ⌘F, I'd be taken back to
space 2 (where the find dialog was first opened). So, I guess the more
you've been using an application since it was launched, the more
likely you are to see this.

I agree that this is potentially annoying, but I'm not sure how else
it could work without making a lot of assumptions. Personally, I'm
more irritated by software that makes incorrect assumptions about what
it thinks I meant than by software that's consistently, predictably
"dumb". Hence, my preference for TextMate's current one-action-at-a-
time undo system. :)

---
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>