[TxMt] "interpreter failed: No such file or directory" when using commands

Ciarán Walsh ciawal at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 14:44:49 UTC 2007

On 26 Oct 2007, at 09:22, Chris Yates wrote:

> Yeah, that first path was from the shell... Here's what TM has for
> its path:
>
> /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/bin/
> CocoaDialog.ap
> p/Contents/MacOS:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sw/bin:/usr/local/
> bin:/opt/g
> nome-2.14/bin:/opt/local/bin:/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/
> SharedSuppo
> rt/Support/bin

Well, the error message you are seeing is from the shell not being
able to find the interpreter which is in the command shebang, so if
you are having issues with commands that are using /usr/bin/env then
that’s what can’t be found – however it does seem to be in the
path, so I am not really sure what is going on here. Possibly you
recently added something to your shell startup files which is causing
the problems?