[TxMt] Default "Save As..." filename...

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Fri Oct 26 07:03:20 UTC 2007

On 26.10.2007, at 02:03, Brian Huddleston wrote:
> When working with templates or new files to have Textmate
> automatically adjust the default file name used when hitting SAVE
> to something other than "untitled"?
>
> For example, if I create a BASH template, and one of my fields is
> the file/program name, I wanted to be able to either:
>
> 	1) hit "apple-s" and have Textmate pull a possible default
> filename from the area/field I had defined.
> 	or
> 	2) select text; hit "apple-s"; and have the text selection become
> the default filename
>
> [...]

I believe it will be possible with the new coming DIALOG 2.

But you can try that one using CocoaDialog (it's only a fast thought
idea :):

Create a command:
Input: Entire Document
Command:

parsed_filename="abc.txt"
filename="$(CocoaDialog filesave --with-directory `dirname
"$TM_FILEPATH"` --with-file "$parsed_filename" )"
if [ -n "$filename" ]; then
	cat >"$filename"
	mate "$filename"
fi

Key: what you like

The variable "parsed_filename" is set via a regexp parsing the second
line of your template in beforehand.

The only tiny hook is that you have to close the untitled document
manually.

--Hans