[TxMt] Hard wrapping in TextMate

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Thu Oct 25 03:34:20 UTC 2007

On 25/10/2007, at 02:59, Guido Governatori wrote:

> Is there any way to have automatic hard wrapping?

No

> I usually write LaTeX (or other text based files) and keep the
> source under version control with subversion (and exchange files
> with colleagues). So often I use diff tools to check the differences
> between version [...]

Hard wrapping here is IMO not a solution to this problem. Say you add
a word to the first line that causes the following lines to be wrapped
differently, or somebody rewraps a paragraph to another column width
-- now you actually did cause multiple lines to be changed.

I know though that the present diff “support” for prose sucks since it
is line based. There are however sub-line diff visualizers and I have
long wanted for us to include such one in TextMate, maybe default to
use sub-line diff for the text.* scope.

If anyone got recommendations for nice sub-line diff visualizers [1]
let me know.

[1]: I.e. producing some nice HTML to display the differences.