[TxMt] Leopard TextMate 2 Pre-Alpha?

Thomas Aylott textmate at subtlegradient.com
Wed Oct 24 22:16:53 UTC 2007

On Oct 24, 2007, at 5:43 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

>> I think you've talked about tm2 stuff before, but I'm not sure if
>> there has ever been anything concrete mentioned about timing.
>
> No, because there is no ETA, and I won’t speak about timing before I
> am certain I can provide an (alpha/beta) release within the next
> month -- because really, the more I say, the more people ask, and
> having to answer the same questions over and over again is (for me)
> mentally exhausting.
>
> So put TM 2.0 up there with Duke Nukem Forever and be positively
> surprised the day it is released :)

That's probly good thinking in some ways.
That's what Apple always does and it has worked out wonderfully for
them.

I can just imagine what people would have said if they'd talked a lot
about their plans for the iPhone when they had first started working
on it. They never would have gotten anything done.

Keeping their mouths shut about iPhone apps was a bad move imho, but
that's nothing like what you're doing.

Hope we can keep from bugging you long enough to get us some code.
It's hard not to want to push things forward.

—Thomas Aylott – subtleGradient—