[TxMt] AS3/Flex, how to begin?

Gaby Vanhegan gaby at vanhegan.net
Tue Oct 23 20:21:59 UTC 2007

On 23 Oct 2007, at 15:43, Jeremy Sachs wrote:

> As for porting your AS2 project over, you may have some difficulty
> with that, depending on how much of your code in in the .fla file.
> I suggest you develop a simple game (like Pong :) to get the hang
> of things before attempting your port. I expect that most of your
> code is reusable, but you may want to refactor large portions of it
> to work more intuitively in the new language.

Having read this:

http://www.senocular.com/flash/tutorials/as3withflashcs3/

I think I'm better of refactoring the whole lot from scratch.
There's so many small changes and the project itself is such a beast
that I'm better off just starting with a blank canvas and porting
over the classes one at a time.  It's going to be a bit painful but
well worth the effort in the long term.

I'll still be able to write the AS code in TextMate but properly
using mxmlc is a ways off...  Project for next year perhaps.

Gaby

--
Junkets for bunterish lickspittles since 1998!
http://www.playr.co.uk/