[TxMt] Markdown bundle unicode problem?

Rob McBroom textmate at skurfer.com
Tue Oct 23 17:59:16 UTC 2007

On Oct 23, 2007, at 12:03 PM, Piero D'Ancona wrote:

> Today I tried to use the nice Markdown Bundle, I
> drag-and-dropped an html file on an open window
> and here is what I got:

After seeing this message, I tried as well since I will have a need
for this command soon. (For testing, I used the default index.html in
`~/Sites/`.) I got similar errors. I have he Markdown bundle checked
out to `/Library/Application Support`, so I removed that one and let
the `/Applications/TextMate` version take over. There were still errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/
Markdown.tmbundle/Support/bin/html2text.py", line 395, in ?
     html2text_file(data)
   File "/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/
Markdown.tmbundle/Support/bin/html2text.py", line 379, in html2text_file
     h.feed(html)
   File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
python2.3/sgmllib.py", line 95, in feed
     self.goahead(0)
   File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
python2.3/sgmllib.py", line 177, in goahead
     self.handle_charref(name)
   File "/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/
Markdown.tmbundle/Support/bin/html2text.py", line 165, in handle_charref
     self.o(charref(c))
   File "/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/
Markdown.tmbundle/Support/bin/html2text.py", line 368, in o
     self.out(data)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\x97' in
position 0: ordinal not in range(128)
![Mac OS X Logo][1]

# Your website here.

You can use Mac OS X Personal Web Sharing to publish web pages or
share files on the Internet

---
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>
I didn't "switch" to Apple... my OS did.