[TxMt] Trouble modifying language

Jeremy Sachs rezmason at mac.com
Fri Oct 19 00:01:15 UTC 2007

I'm currently tweaking the language plist of the ActionScript 3
bundle (this is not an ActionScript 3 question), and I'm having
trouble with it.

Like most other languages, there are hundreds of supportive classes,
functions, properties and constants in the AS3 language that deserve
a special syntax coloration. The default language definition of the
AS3 bundle currently has lists of these words, hundreds of words
long. I've added a few hundred here and there, and now only some of
them work.

The specific part of my language definition that's being troublesome
somewhat resembles this:

{	name = 'support.class.actionscript.3';
	match = '([\w\.]|\b)(Class1|Class2|Class3| ... |ClassN)\b';
},

-where N is a very, very large number. About 350. And my problem is,
specifically, that some of the words in the match line will behave as
if their scope is support.class.actionscript.3, and some of them will
behave as if they have no scope.

I'd really like this to work. Are there technical limits to the
number of words to specify in a match statement? Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Thanks very much,

-Jeremy Sachs