[TxMt] Re: Dead key shortcuts and other stuff

Jacob Rus jacobolus at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 18:36:22 UTC 2007

Édouard Gilbert wrote:
> On my french AZERTY keyboard, some keys are dead by default.

I suppose "if you're programming you'll be happier in the long run just
switching to a US keyboard layout" is probably not the answer you're
looking for? ;)

about this; the dead keys are as far as I know intercepted at a lower
level than TM has access to.  If you want to expend some effort, you
could try making your own keyboard layout using a tool like
[Ukelele][1], based on the french layout, but which uses e.g. ⌥^ for the
ˆ dead key.

-Jacob

[1]: http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=ukelele