[TxMt] Re: LaTeX Typeset & View: feature request

Piero D'Ancona pierodancona at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 09:03:38 UTC 2007

Brad Miller <bmiller at ...> writes:

> Hi Everyone,I've just committed changes to the LaTeX bundle to support chktex,

Hi Brad,
a couple of tweaks.

1) To make the chktex command really useful and not
be drowned in a huge list of warnings, add a
configuration file  .chktexrc in the home directory.
For instance I took the sample config file here
     http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/chktex/chktexrc
and added the following options:

CmdLine
{
 -q -n1 -n2 -n6 -n3 -n25 -n36
}

(in the sample config file the line of options is empty).
This means: turn off copyright, and turn off some
warnings I find not interesting (n1 is "Command
terminated with space", etc -- the complete list
is in the manual).

2) The warning messages output by chktex are very
informative; the offending line is reported with a
caret below the error. In your parser only the first
line is kept and the others are discarded. Would it be
possible to give the complete output? I understand
there is a difficulty, namely the output should be
in a monospaced font (otherwise the caret is
misplaced and hence useless) so if this is too
difficult forget it. But this would be really nice...
(you could skim the list of warnings and see what
are serious and what are not without going to the
file)

Thanks,
Piero