[TxMt] Todo Bundle: Strange Errors

Oliver Hagmann lists at interdisco.net
Wed Oct 10 15:51:34 UTC 2007

On 09.10.2007, at 19:36, Soryu wrote:

> On 09.10.2007, at 18:28, Oliver Hagmann wrote:
>
>> Hi there
>>
>> When running the todo bundle I get the following error about 9
>> times in the output window:
>>
>> /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/lib/textmate.rb:83:
>> warning: Insecure world writable dir /Library/Application Support/
>> TextMate in PATH, mode 040777
>>
>> Below, the Todos are displayed correctly. Is there an error on my
>> side or is this a bug?
>>
>> Oliver
>
> The command (which is written in ruby) invokes the `file` (/usr/bin/
> file) Utility at that line, which it what generates the warning. It
> seems to have some built-in magic to detect that some directory is
> world writable (chmod a+w) when it should not. I guess your project
> references some files outside your home directory? I could try to
> suppress this warning, though.
>
> You can easily fix it by running `chmod a-w $dir` where $dir is
> some directory of your project (Think about symlinks, too). Might
> probably need super user rights to do that. `sudo` is your friend
> here.

OK. So how do I find this said directory? I don't think I'm
referencing any files outside my home directory. It's a LaTeX project
with all files included in one folder lying in my Documents folder.
The only file referenced outside this folder is a BibTex file which
lies in "~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bib".

Any help greatly appreciated.

Oliver