[TxMt] Re: TMTOOLS plug-in 0.9 release (for testing!)

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Tue Oct 9 22:41:41 UTC 2007

On 09.10.2007, at 23:55, Piero D'Ancona wrote:

> Hans-Jörg Bibiko <bibiko at ...> writes:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I 'finished' the recoding of TMTOOLS...
>
> Unbelievable! Thank you
>
> In my tests the caret (and selection) moving commands
> are quite slow (1 sec), is it the regular behaviour?

I'm still working on that. 'Slow' is maybe not the correct term for
it. To set the caret and selection works quite fast but you see it a
bit later caused by the refresh (I guess).
If you try the tmCommand e.g.:

"$TMTOOLS" set caretTo '{line=2;index=4;}'
"$TMTOOLS" set selectionTo '{line=20;column=3;}'
echo "BBB"

output: replace selected text

you should see that it works faster than without echo "BBB".

Give me a bit time, maybe I find a way to speed up the refreshing.

Hans