[TxMt] TMTOOLS plug-in 0.9 release (for testing!)

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Tue Oct 9 16:34:30 UTC 2007

Hi,

I 'finished' the recoding of TMTOOLS. If someone has a bit time
please give me a feedback about the functionality, bugs, wishes, etc.
Please note: The version 0.9 is still beta, i.e. please be careful
while testing it. By myself I use it every day while working, and it
helps me a lot; at least for me ;)

I also wrote a tentative help file for it very quickly.

To install the plug-in download it, uncompress it, and double-click it.

http://email.eva.mpg.de/~bibiko/downloads/textmate/
TMTools.tmplugin.zip (111kB)

(it should be universal - if not please give me a hint)

For help have a look at this page (utf-8 encoded!)

http://email.eva.mpg.de/~bibiko/downloads/textmate/tmtoolshelp.html

or type in an empty TM document (after installing ;):

"$TMTOOLS" help me

and press CTRL+R

A short demo:
http://www.bibiko.de/TMTOOLS_demo_01.mov (10MB)

Up to now TMTOOLS contains 106 shell commands which interact with TM.

some examples:
"$TMTOOLS" get windowOriginAndSize
"$TMTOOLS" get currentWord '{only=tail;delimiter=" ():.";}'
"$TMTOOLS" set spellCheckerLanguage '{to=en_GB;}'
"$TMTOOLS" set windowSize '{width=100;height=200;}'
"$TMTOOLS" set grammar '{to="Ruby";}'
"$TMTOOLS" call template '{name="From Clipboard";}'
"$TMTOOLS" show projectDrawer '{onEdge=0;}'
"$TMTOOLS" complete usingDictionary
'{lang="da";showInternalListFirst=yes;}'
"$TMTOOLS" use nsstring '{initWith="たてもの";
toGet="canBeConvertedToEncoding:"; with="8"; }'

The command "$TMTOOLS" do onKeyDownAfterDelay is still experimental.
I tested it a lot, and it works.
This command installs an event manager which will execute any shell
command after a delay of X seconds if no other keyDown event occurs
within X seconds.
The following example will save the current document in /tmp after
5sec if there is no further key pressed. (A kind of AutoSave function
while non-typing)
If one presses ESC (stopkey=53) one destroys that event handler. For
more details see help.
Furthermore it can be used to display suggestions for the code
completion à la XCODE (see demo).

"$TMTOOLS" do onKeyDownAfterDelay "{
     delay="5";
     repeat=no;
     startAtCall=no;
     shell='\"$TMTOOLS\" get textString > /tmp/\"$TM_FILENAME
\".txmtbkp;say \"document was saved\"';
     stopkey=53; }"

Best,

Hans