[TxMt] Markdown, UTF8 and RTF

Niels Kobschätzki n.kobschaetzki at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 6 05:44:50 UTC 2007

On Oct 6, 2007, at 1:20 AM, Andres Gonzalez-Mancera wrote:

> Hello everyone.
>
> I'm starting to use Markdown for most of the documents I produce.
> Usually I go directly to PDF or for more complex documents I firt do a
> Latex export and mostly get good results. Today I needed to export a
> document which includes spanish accents to RTF but it  doesn't look
> right in Textedit. Anything with an accent or an 'ñ' just shows as a
> series of symbols. I have Textmate to encode the document using UTF8.
>
> Anyone has a solution for this?

Same problem here. When I write umlauts or accented characters they
get messed up with the convert to rtf-command from the markdown-bundle.
But when I converted them to entities (there's a command in the html-
bundle that will do that for you autmatically) the accented
characters got shown correctly in TextEdit

Niels