[TxMt] Which LaTeX distribution

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Wed Oct 3 18:59:29 UTC 2007

Le 3 oct. 07 à 20:12, Charilaos Skiadas a écrit :

> On 03/10/2007, Khushru Khumbatta <kuadka at web.de> wrote:
>> being a new TextMate user I want to install now a TeX/LaTex
>> distribution.
>> Yet there are so many of them. Which one works best with the LaTeX
>> bundle of
>> Textmate?

> We recommend that you use MacTeX ➲ to install the necessary parts
> as it comes with a standard “no questions asked” installer.
>
> As of this writing, the installer also takes care of updating your
> PATH variable (by modifying /etc/profile) so TextMate will be able
> to find the installed pdflatex. If you are using another
> distribution you may need to setup the path manually ⓘ .
I-installer set the path !

"being a new TextMate user" is different of "being a new TeX user"

If setting a PATH is not a problem, and if the user wants something
special why not
  I-installer?

and why not the real TL2007 distribution ?

With MacTeX, is it easy now to add a font ? For example , with I-
installer I have fourier directly.
  Is it the same with macTeX ?

Alain