[TxMt] Which LaTeX distribution

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 18:12:21 UTC 2007

On 03/10/2007, Khushru Khumbatta <kuadka at web.de> wrote:
> being a new TextMate user I want to install now a TeX/LaTex
> distribution.
> Yet there are so many of them. Which one works best with the LaTeX
> bundle of
> Textmate?

The LaTeX bundle Help says this on the issue:

To use Typeset & View and other commands from the LaTeX bundle you
will need to install a TeX package separately.

We recommend that you use MacTeX ➲ to install the necessary parts as
it comes with a standard “no questions asked” installer.

As of this writing, the installer also takes care of updating your
PATH variable (by modifying /etc/profile) so TextMate will be able to
find the installed pdflatex. If you are using another distribution
you may need to setup the path manually ⓘ .

The bundle should really work with any distribution, but MacTeX is
the simplest one to install, in my experience.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College