[TxMt] Which LaTeX distribution

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Wed Oct 3 17:14:18 UTC 2007

Le 3 oct. 07 à 18:19, Oliver Hagmann a écrit :

> On 03.10.2007, at 17:51, Robin Houston wrote:
>
>> On 03/10/2007, Khushru Khumbatta <kuadka at web.de> wrote:
>>> being a new TextMate user I want to install now a TeX/LaTex
>>> distribution.
>>> Yet there are so many of them. Which one works best with the
>>> LaTeX bundle of
>>> Textmate?
>>
>> MacTeX-2007 is the nearest thing there is to a "standard"
>> distribution
>> at the moment, so I suggest you use that. It certainly works well
>> with
>> TextMate.
>>
>> http://www.tug.org/mactex/
>>
>> Robin
>
> I can only confirm this. I just installed MacTex today and
> everything works like a charm. Prior to that, I installed it via
> MacPorts, which also kind of worked but the documents (meaning the
> fonts) look much better with MacTex (don't know exactly why, though).

I prefer gwTeX based on TL2007 with I-Installer. With MacTeX
(certainly a good distribution and perhaps the only one in the
future) , you can't make the choices that you want. A lot of things
are installed, for example in my format i want only english and
french  hypenation. I can make that with I-installer but with
macTeX...I don't know . You can easily with the mode expert ang I-
installer to get something very special with languages, fonts, paper
size etc....

The choice is between two distributions. I think a bad idea is to use
fink or macport, except if you like the challenge.

Regards Alain