[TxMt] [LaTeX]PDF "can't be open" by Skim, but still is

Brad Miller bmiller at luther.edu
Wed Oct 3 12:00:06 UTC 2007

On 10/3/07, Édouard Gilbert <edouard.gilbert at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 3 oct. 07 à 00:44, Brad Miller a écrit :
>
>  Did you mean updated this morning?  I don't know what you would double
> click on to get the latest version of the latex bundle from subversion. See
> Section 5.7 here: http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/bundles.
>

> I exported — svn export, not svn checkout — the bundle from the svn
> repository yesterday morning and then double-clicked it for TM to put it in
> the right place.

Ahh, just so you know, I think this method will break the completion
mechanism in the latex bundle.   The latex bundle has dependencies with the
main support directory.

Given that I've tried to reproduce your problem here by adding characters
> like ü  and é  into some file names, and then running Typeset and View on
> the file.  So far  I have not been able to reproduce your problem.
>

> I just tried on another test session and it won't do it neither. So it's
> user related. After some tests, it appears that
> - the "displayline" command from Skim.app raise the same error
> - "Show in PDF Viewer" too
> - When I try to jump to a given line from Skim to TM thanks to pdfsync, TM
> open a new window with the same document. However, it does it the first time
> only or when I close this newly opened window.
>
> So I guess it's a Skim bug. Just in case, what is your locale and where is
> it set ?

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking for here

$ locale
LANG=
LC_COLLATE="C"
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"