[TxMt] [LaTeX]PDF "can't be open" by Skim, but still is

Brad Miller bmiller at luther.edu
Tue Oct 2 22:44:03 UTC 2007

--
Brad Miller
Assistant Professor, Computer Science
Luther College

On 10/2/07, Édouard Gilbert <edouard.gilbert at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 2 oct. 07 à 13:47, Brad Miller a écrit :
>
> Just a couple of questions:
>
> Are you using the latest version from subversion?
>

> Well, I exported it this very morning so I guess. Is there some way to
> ensure I'm using the right version ? I may have installed it the wrong way —
> I just double clicked it and answered the following dialog.

I'm not sure what you mean.  Did you mean updated this morning?  I don't
know what you would double click on to get the latest version of the latex
bundle from subversion. See Section 5.7 here:
http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/bundles.

Do you have the 'Check for file changes' box selected in skim preferences?

> I used to, but I changed it when I updated to SVN. The problem remained.
>
> Édouard

Well that blew my number one theory.

Given that I've tried to reproduce your problem here by adding characters
like ü  and é  into some file names, and then running Typeset and View on
the file.  So far  I have not been able to reproduce your problem.

Brad