[TxMt] SmartyPants references in the Markdown bundle

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Oct 1 11:23:48 UTC 2007

On 27/09/2007, at 05:18, Rob McBroom wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2007, at 5:28 PM, Rob McBroom wrote:
>
>> If someone gets a chance, can they be updated to use "$
>> {TM_SMARTYPANTS:-SmartyPants.pl}" instead?
>
> Maybe I spoke too soon. It's probably fine (better even) to use
> SmartyPants when the eventual output is PDF, for example. It's just
> the commands that generate HTML that you may one day have to view/
> edit where SmartyPants should be optional (in my opinion), but if
> the consensus is that the commands should all be consistent, I won't
> argue.

Well, you want the use of SmartyPants.pl to be optional rather than
mandatory, by allowing the user to override the call to SmartyPants.pl
by going through TM_SMARTYPANTS, right?

Since there is no harm in doing that, I won’t object to having it
changed. Though I would prefer to receive a patch, rather than do the
search’n’replace myself ;)