[TxMt] Dealing with Rails versions?

James Edward Gray II james at grayproductions.net
Thu Nov 29 15:24:39 UTC 2007

(CCing the bundle maintainer)

On Nov 29, 2007, at 6:39 AM, Rick DeNatale wrote:

> With the imminent release of Rails 2.0, I've started working on a
> project in earnest on edge rails.
>
> I'm finding some things to be broken in the Ruby on Rails bundle due
> to the Rails changes.  For example.
>
>    * generating a migration from textmate doesn't seem to work, it
> prompts for the name, and runs but nothing is generated.
>    * the mcol snippet(s) get confused by the use of 'sexy' migrations
> in schema.rb
>    * Partial extraction isn't savvy to the changes in file naming
> (e.g. x.rhtml is now x.html.erb)

Have you tried this last one using the very latest bundle in the
Subversion repository?  I know there was recently a checkin regarding
the ".html.erb" extensions, but I don't know if this particular issue
was caught.

> So what are the plans for tracking the rails changes in the bundle?

This is being discussed right now on the bundle development list:

http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/textmate-dev/2007-November/
010530.html

James Edward Gray II