[TxMt] Crazy idea: scope assertions in regular expressions

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Sat Nov 24 13:27:20 UTC 2007

On 24 Nov 2007, at 12:09, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>> [...]
>> And I realise that extending RE semantics to grok rich text is a
>> bit of a big undertaking - but I thought it was a cute idea :)
>
> It’s actually been brought up a few times in the past, but yeah, it
> is quite an undertaking.

I've just checked out the Oniguruma sources. I guess that adding new
assertion types is probably beyond the scope of its pluggable syntax
mechanism. And I imagine that's just the first, small hurdle...

So, more prosaically: support for folding where a language supports a
mix of recursive and non-recursive syntaxes please :)

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten