[TxMt] Fwd: Attention: Bug ID 5551893: Spaces needs hints for windows

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Tue Nov 20 14:21:31 UTC 2007

On 15 Nov 2007, at 22:30, Steven W Riggins wrote:

> Allan?

Next build will set NSWindowCollectionBehaviorMoveToActiveSpace for
the find windows.

Though it appears to be buggy, as in, when you move TM to a new space,
then hit ⌘F, the find panel will still open in the old space, but
focus will not move (like it does now) and pressing ⌘F again, will
move the find dialog.

Which makes me think, maybe the default behavior is also buggy because
of some term mixup, as the explanation for this (non-default) mode is
(emphasis mine):

     Making the window _active_ does not cause a space switch;
     the window switches to the active space

Notice here, that they say “active” not “visible”. I can
justify that making a window _active_ should not move the window to
the active space (but rather switch to the space of the window). But I
find it hard to justify that making a window _visible_, should not
move it to the active space.

The mode they suggest, talks about the former, not the latter, and it
appears to actually not do the latter (but likely that is a bug, as
making the find window visible also makes it active).

I filed a bug on NSWindowCollectionBehaviorMoveToActiveSpace and I
will likely file one on the default behavior of windows, but please
add the above ‘reply’ to your report, if you don’t mind.