[TxMt] Set temporary variables within macro

Richard Blumberg richard at rnet.org
Tue Nov 20 10:56:02 UTC 2007

Thanks, Hans.

I'd pretty much concluded that what I was trying to do was impossible, the
way I was trying to do it.

What I wound up doing was creating three snippets that generated the code
for the various links and anchors, along with a command that placed a unique
id on the clipboard: "echo -n `date -n '+%H%M%S'` | pbcopy". The snippets
inserted a placeholder "%0" at the point where I wanted the id.

Then it was pretty simple to string the snippets together in a macro, at the
end of which a Find/Replace operation, using the clipboard for the replace
string, inserted the text I needed at the proper points. It works great.
TextMate is wonderful!

Thanks again.

Richard