[TxMt] update fails

Rob McBroom textmate at skurfer.com
Mon Nov 19 15:20:40 UTC 2007

On Nov 19, 2007, at 9:43 AM, Jasper van der Meulen wrote:

> I usually open the project (thru quicksilver) and that opens TM.

You should be able to find out which TextMate.app Quicksilver
launches by invoking Quicksilver, type enough to get TextMate
showing, hit tab, then choose the "Reveal" action. There's no telling
if the app you see when launching directly is the same as the app
you'd see when using "Open With..." though.

> Somehow also the programs that i;ve used before and arein my
> timemachine are also on my context-menu when i click for example
> a .txt document.
> Maybe it's so that spotight did something strange. .

I would unmount your Time Machine volume and run this (in Terminal):

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/
LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -
domain system -domain user

That will cause your system to rebuild its database of what can open
what. If the backed up apps aren't available, they can't be included.
(This will also reset the system's notion of what has been launched
before, so you will see some warnings when you open a file that
launches an application for the "first time". This is normal and will
only happen once per app.) Once it's done, you can remount the Time
Machine volume, although, perhaps you should force Quicksilver to
update its catalog as well before remounting it.

---
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>
I didn't "switch" to Apple... my OS did.