[TxMt] subversion bundle woes

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Sat Nov 17 09:04:17 UTC 2007

On 15 Nov 2007, at 17:01, Josh Reynolds wrote:

> [...]
> Here are the troubles I am seeing, is anyone else having this
> issue / know how to fix it?
>
> when I try to commit a file i get this error:
> ssh_askpass: exec(/usr/libexec/ssh-askpass): No such file or directory
> Permission denied, please try again. [...]

We had this problem reported once before [1], no solution was posted
though.

But based on the man file for ssh, this error would indicate that
SSH_ASKPASS and you have a passphrase on your key pair.

To see which variables are set in the environment, type ‘env’ in
TextMate (on a blank line) and then press ⌃R.

As for passphrase, you may want to try and remove the passphrase from
your private key, see if that solves it.

[1]: http://lists.macromates.com/pipermail/textmate/2007-July/021150.html

> [...]
> I have seen some stuff on ssh-askpass, but it looked like this was
> supposed to pop up a window for me to type my password in? that
> didn't happen...

Well… if things are setup correctly, it will pop up a window, yes.
But seeing how X11 and the DISPLAY variable is involved in this, I
would be surprised if it “just works” on OS X.

> when i try to "blame":
> NoMethodError
>
> reason: undefined method `+' for nil:NilClass
> trace: [...]

I am assuming you are running Blame not on a file under subversions
control, right?

At least I can reproduce this problem with some random file *not*
under svn control, but for files which actually have svn info, I cannot.

> when i try to "log": [...]

Is this also for a file *not* under svn control?