[TxMt] LaTeX package epsfig forces the use of latex instead of pdflatex?

Juergen Arndt arndt02 at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 16 06:26:43 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I use TextMate to create PDFs with LaTeX. I've configured TextMate to
use pdflatex as the compile engine (TM_LATEX_COMPILER=pdflatex and the
default engine in the LaTeX preferences is pdflatex too). That works
fine.

Today I had to use for some reason the package epsfig and TextMate ran
everytime latex instead of pdflatex. Finally I forced the use of
pdflatex with the "%!TEX TS-program = pdflatex" directive in the tex
file.

Is there an explanation for that behaviour and maybe a solution for
that? (I found 3 postings here which are somehow related to that
problem, but because I'm not an expert, I didn't get the clue, which
might be in there.)

Thanks for your attention

Juergen
--