[TxMt] Typeset & View in the Latex Bundle

Jenny Harrison harrison at Math.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Nov 14 17:20:11 UTC 2007

I am having a strange problem with Typeset & View that makes no sense
to me.  It works fine in simple documents with the same preamble, but
not on a longer one.  The document typesets as it should, but the
focus does not change to Skim.  I get the following error:

sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `(' sh: -c: line 0:
`dvips QuantumCalculus.dvi -o QuantumCalculus.ps' sh: -c: line 0:
syntax error near unexpected token `(' sh: -c: line 0: `ps2pdf
QuantumCalculus.ps' sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token
`(' sh: -c: line 0: `/Applications/Skim.app/Contents/Resources/
displayline 177 "QuantumCalculus.pdf" /Users/jenny/Desktop/Pending/
QuantumCalculus.tex'

A fatal error occured, log file is in QuantumCalculus.log

I have tried changing the viewer, but the error message is essentially
the same.   The focus remains in TextMate, the typeset document is
correct, and there are no errors in the log file.

  I created a new version of the same document by pasting in small
section after section to find the problem.  It typeset perfectly each
time, all the way through to the end.  The two files are identical and
one works, the other doesn't.  Naturally,  I  began using the second,
but after a dozen or so uses of Typeset & View, it gave me the same
error message as above.

Thanks for the help,

Jenny