[TxMt] Ruby Bundle, "Run" Command, glitch

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 16:14:06 UTC 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 9:21 AM, James Edward Gray II <james at grayproductions.net> wrote:
> On Nov 12, 2007, at 7:29 AM, Florian Gilcher wrote:
>
> > The following Ruby Script has a misbehaviour (please consider [1]
> > and [2] as markers :):
> >
> > puts "Here's 1 +[1] 1: #{ 1 +[2] 1}"
> >
> > If the Caret is at position [1], Apple-R runs the program inside
> > the ruby interpreter. If the Caret is at position [2], the default
> > Run-command (Build in X-Code is used).
> >
> > This is because #{...} is scoped as embedded Ruby source, which is
> > explicitely filtered for the Run-Command. I didn't patch it, as I
> > don't know which way to go (changing the scope or changing the
> > scope selector for the command). But I hope the bundle maintainer
> > can sort that out in a second :).
>
> We are aware of this oddity, yes.  We've discussed it in the past on
> IRC and the consensus was that the Ruby scopes involved need some
> reworking to help us clarify the filtered scopes.  We've talked about
> how the scopes should be and will look at fixing this when we get
> those changes in place.

Hmmm.  I wonder if this explains a strange occurence which I neglected
to report.

I was editing an unsaved ruby program, and seemingly randomly cmd-R
would bring up a save dialog box instead of  running the program.

I've not done  any XCode stuff, but I'm guessing that maybe the cmd-R
for X-Code saves the code before running it?

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/