[TxMt] Including values of static variables in others?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Sun Nov 11 07:44:18 UTC 2007

On 8 Nov 2007, at 17:43, Daryl Spitzer wrote:

> When defining "static variables" in Preferences->Advanced->Shell
> Variables, is it possible to include the values of static variables in
> the values of others?
>
> For example, I tried defining:
>
> P1     /some/path
> P2     $P1/subdir
>
> But the value of P2 is "$P1/subdir", not "/some/path/subdir" as I
> wish.

That is not possible -- in the future it will be possible to use
format strings for variable values (which can refer other values), but
in your example the variable you want to use is from the same list,
and that won’t be possible (i.e. it would have to track dependencies
between the variables to resolve them in the proper order for that to
work.