[TxMt] svnserve or apache2 on Leopard?

Thomas Aylott - subtleGradient textmate at subtleGradient.com
Sat Nov 10 03:24:36 UTC 2007

On Nov 9, 2007, at 5:07 PM, Ramanan Sivaranjan wrote:

>> like the 'just' in that sentence... ;-)
>> ... I'll see how I get on.
>
> You may want to check out Git or Mercurial.  It's a lot easier to
> get going I find.  Setting up repositories with SVN seems overly
> tedious.
>
> Ramanan.

Unless you have a specific reason for needing to use a Subversion
server, I always recommend Mercurial.
It's WAY easier for single-user projects.
Git is better suited for seriously massive codebases, but it's a bit
more complex in day-to-day life.

My reason I've stuck with svn for so long is that I use Dreamhost and
they offer one-click HTTP shared subversion repo creation.

I'm planning on moving all my projects over to Mercurial eventually,
but I've been too busy with the actual projects themselves ;)

—Thomas Aylott – subtleGradient—