[TxMt] Fwd: Latex Bundle Useability (and patch)

Jonas Müller muellerj at gmx.de
Tue Nov 6 12:25:52 UTC 2007

> Sorry to describe the changes I made rather than giving a bunch of
> patches but the normal bundle development model just won't work for
> me.  I change a bunch of stuff for my personal use (like some of the
> hacks above) so I need to keep the ~/Library/Application Support/
> Textmate directory for my own personal modifications.  If someone
> could tell me an easy way to produce a diff of the changes I've made
> here with the actual bundle maybe I could be more helpful.
>
> Anyway thanks to the author(s) of the latex bundle for all the work
> they've put in so far.  Hopefully this was helpful an not just
> useless bitching.
>
> Peter

I don't know if this has been addressed already, but I have another
two concern since I last updated my bundles:

1) Inside a non-maths scope, adding an underscore still produces "_{}"
rather than just "_". For example:

\includegraphics[width=170mm]{./figures/tf12_resonance.PNG}

adding "_" with the caret after "resonance" produces

\includegraphics[width=170mm]{./figures/tf12_resonance_{}.PNG}

which pdflatex doesn't seem to like very much. The same is true for
captions, sections, subsection, ... Would it be possible to change the
scope of the "_" command to math only?

2) A similar issue arises when I add powers in math mode using "^".
This correctly produces "^{}" and places the caret inside the
brackets. Pressing _any_ key now however adds another iteration of the
command, like so: "^{^{}}". I am using a German keyboard, so to get a
"^", I have to press the key above tab and then hit space. This might
be related to the problem I have.

Best,
Jonas