[TxMt] GPG en-/decryption

Constantinos Neophytou ♎ jaguarcy at gmail.com
Tue May 29 13:47:12 UTC 2007

how about use the AES encrypt/decrypt Text bundle actions, and bind
the encrypt action to cmd-S for a certain type of text-files (let's
say with .sec extension)? Not as automatic, but I guess you could
modify the commands a bit and have the AES decryption module store
the password in a temporary global variable, and have the encryption
command triggered by cmd-S use that password...

So u open the .sec file, hit a key combination to decrypt it, and
when u save it (using cmd-S) it encrypts using the same pass, saves,
and u have to decrypt it again before using it (could also use the
same pass if it exists..?)

That's as smooth as I can get it, at least in theory... maybe someone
cares to elaborate a bit? Keeping a plain text file would be easier
than managing an encrypted disk image, but I'm not sure how easily
the global variable could be accessed...