[TxMt] Changing look of Markdown docs

Nigel Green nigel at greenlemur.com
Tue May 8 10:52:30 UTC 2007

Hi there,

I use Markdown format for all of my plain text files - both to
convert to HTML for export and to help organise my files. I find the
syntax highlighting of headings and lists really helps me keep large
files organised - especially with using curly braces to 'section'
material and keep it folded away.

Is it possible to change the way headings are recognised? In
particular I would like to have the following:

## Heading 1 {
Some text  in here...
}
## Heading 2 {
Some text in here...
}
## Heading 3 {
Some text  in here...
}

This currently only picks up the first heading, seeing the others as
meta.paragraph.markdown, whereas leaving in line breaks:
## Heading 1 {
Some text  in here...
}

## Heading 2 {
Some text in here...
}

## Heading 3 {
Some text  in here...
}

Means I get all the headings recognised correctly. Both versions
above are recognised and converted to HTML correctly by the
Markdown.pl script so I presume the highlighting is down to the
language grammar? I looked at it and tried to change it myself but
broke all the other formatting as well so think I need some
professional input on this one!

I know its not a life-changing query but I'd like to understand the
language grammar stuff better and this looks like a good starter
project!!

Thanks,
Nigel