[TxMt] Blogging from behind a proxy

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sat Mar 31 14:55:10 UTC 2007

On 30. Mar 2007, at 17:07, Grant Hollingworth wrote:

>> My favourised solution would be that TM takes over the system
>> proxy  out of OS X's "Location"s.
> The proxy information is in  /Library/Preferences/
> SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist, but it lists all the network
> interfaces and I'm not sure how to tell which one will be used.

There is a Support/bin/proxy_config command which I made to dump the
proxy settings, and it was my intent to make the various bundle
commands use this (preferably through some wrapper -- I wonder why
curl and friends are not modified on OS X to use the system wide
proxy settings?).

Unfortunately this user/pass/port is not enough for some proxies
(where you login or have auto config/discovery or something like
that). I don’t have a proxy myself, and I have no experience with
them, so this project to update the bundles to support proxies,
quickly stranded.