[TxMt] Find/Replace Speed (inserting of many \n)

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sat Mar 31 14:40:29 UTC 2007

On 23. Mar 2007, at 09:52, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:

> [...]
> Would it make sense to include an option or button within the Find/
> Replace dialog, like 'External Replace All' or whatever, to call an
> external maybe perl/sed/ruby routine to do the job, esp. if I want
> to insert many NEW LINES?
>
> I don't know what kind of disadvantages it would have.

The disadvantage is loss of meta data such as bookmarks, foldings,
having to re-parse the file for syntax highlight. And of course, that
I would have to spend time on the 1.x code base rather than use the
time to get 2.0 (which will have better performance when using
newlines in replacements) nearer beta stage ;)