[TxMt] Re: exclude snippets from menu

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Fri Mar 30 14:07:04 UTC 2007

On Mar 30, 2007, at 9:12 AM, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> Hello Henrik,
>
>>> in my bundle, there are several hundred snippets. Is there any
>>> secret
>>> how I can make these dissapear from the menu at the bottom line
>>> of the
>>> window, left to the one with 'tab size: '? I'd like to list the
>>> interesting ones only.
>>
>> In the Bundle Editor, select the bundle and then drag the items you
>> want to hide from "Menu Structure" to the "Excluded Items" list.
>
> This is exactly what I needed. I feel so stupid asking all these
> questions with such a simple answer.

Actually you might want to form groups instead, and have the snippets
in there, so that they are still visible when you navigate the menu.

On this note, you might want to consider whether perhaps you could
turn (some of) these several hundred snippets into one single
command, that reads the selection or current word and acts
accordingly. I find it extremely inefficient to have many snippets,
especially if they do similar things. Suppose you decide that you
want each of them to have an extra newline at the end or something.
If they are all encapsulated inside a command, you'll just have to
change the command. Otherwise, you have to change each of these
snippets individually, quite a pain if there are really several
hundred of them.

> Thanks!
>
> Patick

Haris Skiadas